General Election: Tuesday, November 7, 2017. Polls are open 6am – 8pm
Where to Vote
- Easiest way to find out: NJ Division of Elections polling place search — find your polling place by entering your address (don’t use abbreviations).
- Download a list of polling places
- Download a district map (pdf)
- Last day to register to vote in the 2017 general election is October 17.
- Registered Democrats or Unaffiliated voters can vote in the Democratic Primary. If you have never voted in a Primary Election, just go to the polling place and vote in your preferred party’s primary- that is how most people become affiliated with a party in New Jersey. You can also declare it on your registration form.
Vote by Mail
- There are two steps and two documents, a ballot application and a ballot.
- Download mail-in ballot application – Print out the ballot application, fill it out and mail it in to the county clerk (address is on the ballot application), after which you will receive your ballot in the mail.
- Last Minute: The deadline for the County Clerk to receive the ballot application by mail is seven days before the election. In person you have until 3:00 pm on the day before the election for the clerk to receive the ballot application. You have until 8pm on election day to deliver the ballot in person to the Mercer County Clerk’s office.
For more specifics about elections Download election calendar at the Division of Election web site.